Watch The Video
10 Most Influential Snowboarders of All Time
The Best Snowboarders Of All Time
50% Off Online Snowboard School: https://www.edshreds.com/school
As aspiring boarders it’s important to acknowledge the pros that have come before you. Look to them for inspiration and hope. As young riders, you may have watched movies and read magazines featuring snowboarders who compete in the X Games and the Olympics. These famous snowboarders are some of the most talented athletes in the world and can be highly decorated with medals and awards.
These are legends in the snowboarding world and have shaped the game to what it is today:
- Shaun White: The most widely known snowboarder of all time is Shaun White. He is highly decorated with 18 X Games medals as well as 3 Olympic gold medals.
- Travis Rice: In a list made by Snowboard Magazine, Travis Rice was listed as the thirteenth most influential snowboarder in the last 20 years. He has been compared to Shaun White as the best snowboarder of all time.
- Gretchen Bleiler: Starting at the age of 11, Gretchen became an Olympic silver medalist and one of only four females invited to an exclusive event called the Arctic Challenge. She also won four gold medals at the Winter X Games.
- Terje Håkonsen: A Norwegian snowboarder who has been named one of the most influential snowboarders ever in history, Terje is believed to have revolutionized the sport. Terje participated in the documentary First Descent where he was the first person to snowboard down peak 7601 in Alaska.
- Danny Kass: A New Jersey-born legend, Danny is a six-time X Games medalist and two-time silver medalist at the Winter Olympics. Danny was also in a hit TV show called “The Adventures of Danny and the Dingo”
6. Anna Gasser: This Austrian snowboarder is an Olympic gold medalist and in 2018 she was the first woman to land a Cab Triple Underflip. In her early years, Anna was part of the Austrian National Gymnastics Team which translated perfectly into slopestyle.
7. Chloe Kim: The youngest snowboarder on this list as well as the youngest woman who at the age of just 17 won an Olympic gold medal in the snowboard halfpipe. Her skills in the halfpipe led her to be the first woman to complete a Frontside Double Cork 1080.
8. Mark McMorris: One of the most decorated snowboarders, this Canadian hero was the first person to ever complete a backside triple cork 1440. Mark has experienced numerous injuries that were documented in a film about his life and is one of the greatest snowboarders of all time.
9. Lindsey Jacobellis: An absolute powerhouse Lindsey has paved the way for women snowboarders around the world. She has taken the top spot in world snowboarding cross country numerous times.
10. Max Parrot: A six-time X Game gold medalist, Max landed the first backside triple cork ever witnessed in an X Game slopestyle event. After a tough cancer battle, Max came back to the sport winning the X Games snowboard big air event in Norway.
11. YOU: While you might not be the next Shaun White, you will ultimately be the most influential rider to yourself. Your ability to shred will impact how much fun you can have, the memories you make and the fun you have with your friends.
Want help becoming a legend yourself? Check out how to become the best snowboarder you can be here.
<Become The Best Snowboarder You Can Be
Snowboard heroes instill in us a sense of wonder and exploration. At EdShreds we are constantly striving to be teachers to our community and have high hopes for all our young snowboarders.